Since 1998 the MLK Choir has given out 87 Educational Grants totaling over $176,000.
At our scholarship concert on June 14th, 2015 we awarded educational grants to 6
talented students pursuing artistic
June 14, 2015 - Sunday 4:00pm
Seventeenth Annual Educational Grants Awards Ceremony
College Avenue Baptist Church
MLKCCSD is proud to support our local, budding artists in the San Diego community.
We are looking for High School artists with flair (and grit and determination). If you sing, dance, play an
instrument, paint, sculpt, film, act, write stories or plays, or pursue any other form of artistic expression,
we'd like to know. Apply today!
How to Qualify
- You must be a Graduating High School Senior
- You must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- You must be a Resident of San Diego County, and a US citizen
- You must intend to pursue your art by attending a university, accredited four-year college, community college, conservatory, or art school in the next school year.
How to Apply
- Acrobat Reader).
(pdf, requires the latest
- Print it out and follow the directions.
- Fill out the application form completely,
- Sign both pages of the application,
- Write a short essay (500 words) about yourself,
- Get two recommendation letters,
- Have your school send us a certified copy of your school transcript.
- Send the completed application no later than February 24th, 2017, to:
Educational Grant Committee
P.O. Box 5445
San Diego, CA 92165
- Call us at (619) 447-2823 if you have any questions, or send email to
- Read through the application first. For those parts of the application that involve other people
(transcript, references, etc.), ask for their help right away. Don't wait until the last minute.
- Filling out this application is going to take some work. But chances are that it would take less time
than a summer job and it could be more rewarding!
- Be creative, show us what you can do, and have fun! If you need help, please contact us.