Since 1998 the MLK Choir has given out 72 Educational Grants totaling over $139,000
At our scholarship concert on June 10th, 2012 we awarded educational grants to 3
talented students pursuing
majors in art, music and journalism.
June 10, 2012 - Sunday 5:00p.m
Fourteenth Annual Educational Grants Awards Ceremony
Parkview Elementary School
MLKCCSD is proud to support our local, budding artists in the San Diego community.
We are looking for High School artists with flair (and grit and determination). If you sing, dance, play an
instrument, paint, sculpt, film, act, write stories or plays, or pursue any other form of artistic expression,
we'd like to know. Apply today!
How to Qualify
- You must be a Graduating High School Senior
- You must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- You must be a Resident of San Diego County, and a US citizen
- You must intend to pursue your art by attending a university, accredited four-year college, community college, conservatory, or art school in the next school year.
How to Apply
- Acrobat Reader 3.0 or higher).
- Print it out and follow the directions.
- Fill out the application form completely,
- Sign both pages of the application,
- Write a short essay (350-500 words) about yourself.
- Get three recommendations:
- Two from school
- One from someone else who is not from school and not a family member.
Examples could be a minister, BoyScout leader, employer, etc.
- Include a certified copy of your school transcript
- Send the completed application no later than March 12th, 2013, to:
Educational Grant Committee
P.O. Box 5445
San Diego, CA 92165
- Call us at (619) 447-2823 if you have any questions, or send email to
- Read through the application first. For those parts of the application that involve other people
(transcript, references, etc.), ask for their help right away. Don't wait until the last minute.
- Filling out this application is going to take some work. But chances are that it would take less time
than a summer job and it could be more rewarding!
- Be creative, show us what you can do, and have fun! If you need help, please contact us.